Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Power, Love, and Enlightenment...

...three things that flow to you naturally, if you just let them.

I had intended the title to be "Power, Happiness and Enlightenment." It just came out this way. And so I'll leave it.

Happiness. I remember first reading the concept in Guy Finlay's book The Secret of Letting Go - that nothing can make you happy, that happiness rises up within you like a spring, constant and sure, unless we block its flow. And if we want to be happy - just stop blocking it. It's true - happiness is native to us.

Enlightenment, I read last night in the Eye of the I, is also - native to us. As soon as I read the words I felt it to be true, and saw the recurrence of the last idea. It is natural to us to see and be the inner light of everything, to be in a state of rapture and unbarriered connection with the Universe. Unless we choose to block it.

I started writing a book on personal power last year, maybe it's time to finish it. The sky is falling as I write this, and the sun is peeking through the hardest hail storm I've seen in years. POWER. And Love.

... I just can't stop writing about natural phenomena, and how they line up with life. As I started writing this entry the storm started, pounding hail, so loud - really demonstrating the power of nature, it's drumming on the roof and everywhere egged me on to write quickly, then it tapered and the Sun came out. I went outside and stood, started chatting with a neighbour and her daughter, and we looked for the rainbow, and - there it was. Of course. Hail, Sun and Rainbow.

Power, Love, and Enlightenment.

And the whole point of my blog started out as - those three things are natural  phenomena in us - they flow and accumulate naturally.

One of the points of my book, which that moment in the Eye of the I reminded me of, is that personal power accumulates naturally, as long as we let it. One of the reasons I started this entry too, is that I've recently stopped a few of my behaviour patterns which had been blocking its flow, and its amazing how much life has changed in the last few weeks.

But I hadn't thought of Enlightenment in this way; that we don't need to 'do' anything, but just let it be, we don't need to turn a light on - just stop covering our eyes.

And I see now that my misprint in the title of this entry is a potent lesson from Me and a hailstorm - to me. It is that Love, too, accumulates naturally: just stop fighting it.

I drafted this entry on paper, which I never do, at work, which I also never do. It just had to happen right then, for some reason. I've pretty much put it down as it came out.

May I stop covering my eyes, and protecting my heart, and blocking my power.
Hail storm, hear my prayer!

1 comment: