Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lebanon

Wherever you go, there you are. Wherever you are - it's hard not to dream about other places. I live in the place everyone wants to go, wants to be, the most beautiful place in Canada. I decided tonight, as I sat down to write, to let itunes play till it brought me a topic.

Wasn't hard - love and peace, or else.

Life is a journey, and many people say or think that if you want to be happy you should just do it where you are, or else you're "running away".

  Run run run run run.

                                               Running to stand still.

That song, love and peace, always reminds me of Lebanon. No matter how wonderful a place is - the future always beckons. I haven't figured out if it's a sickness or a hope, a sickness or just love of life. Love but not peace, unless it's peace in motion...

I've wanted to go there for years - the cedars, the beaches, the history, the mountains, the fact that they've stood against everything and everyone, a diverse multicultural society, formed of Muslims, Jews, Christians, speaking three languages, through violence and terror.

That's a place I want to go.


It represents a fantasy for me in some way, I don't know how - Lebanon. No matter how great my life is, and it is, it's hard not to dream about Lebanon.

1 comment: