Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Moon and the hawk

Came home tonight from a good and bad day. The moon was shining over the house. I'd been on the beach with some friends, looking at it, and to come home to it... shouldn't be a surprise.

Yet it just felt so constant. Years ago, probably Fall 2006, I was pretty down about life. I came home one day and there was a little plastic hawk on my step, standing there looking at me. In my animal cards the Hawk represents perspective and vision. Looking back over your past; seeing into your future.

When I went out earlier tonight I sat that little hawk on my computer. I knew back then, as soon as I walked up the steps and saw it, that my brother had left it there for me, even though I hadn't seen him in a few days.

There are challenges in life. It's good to be reminded of things that are constant. Our bodies are cycles of dust. Our souls are as constant as the stars in the sky. How you feel about things all depends on what you choose to identify with.

A Warrior knows that the ends do not justify the means.

Because there are no ends, there are only means. Life carries him from unknown to unknown. Each moment is filled with this thrilling mystery: the Warrior does not know where he came from nor where he is going.

4 comments:

  1. Warrior of the Light: A Manual, Paulo Coelho

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to be a little ship on the ocean occasionally - we let go of the rudder and we don't crash into the rocks - we go where forces other than ourselves might just want us to be.

    There are multiple paths, but there are also multiple guides..

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think "Hawk n Moon" is a great name for a superhero team.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. But the near-crashes are so convincing...

    Yeah, It would. You're Moon, I'm Hawk.

    ReplyDelete