Monday, July 2, 2012

June and who you really are (True North)

It's not June anymore, I'm aware of that. Today's themes are love and the environment. As we travel through life things come along and remind us who we really are. That happened to me today.

I was chatting with a friend and told him a story from years ago about a tough time I'd gone through and how it helped me find myself. I could feel my compass turn, I said, and as I write I see that it was not just turning from one point to another, but from a false point, back to 'true'.

June 2012 has been tough for lots of people. It's been like - the Spring was grand, we could see this vast vista of the future and people were excited and electrified about it all.. then June came along, and we have to deal with the bars between us and that future. They are bars of our own making, but they have to be removed nonetheless, before we can proceed. Those bars are, ultimately, the ways we disempower ourselves. We all have our own, whether it's money, love, pot, food, or just staying unclean and off our path - not meditating; lying to ourselves.

The false compass point is the lie. I chose to express my love of the creator, and created, through service to the environment. I may one day express it differently. Perhaps through service to my country, and the ideal called "Canada". Perhaps through art. Shrug.

Today I see the path again. I hope you do too.

What stories of yourself remind you of who you really are?


No comments:

Post a Comment