Friday, July 20, 2012

The love of life.... Suil-na-Greine

Hope is only the love of life

My brother was right, some time ago, when he said that because I'd set out to live my life, fully and completely, without any reservation, I had found joy, and in doing that - I had found something I would never want to give up.

A woman I used to work with, back in Ontario, stumbled into my office today. We chatted about times old and new, she had a friend with her and I told them my story of the last few years. They both said they wanted to do it too, but it was just a dream. They couldn't know.. that I've doubted, that although I haven't waved the white flag I keep it furled in one pocket, on many days. Before leaving her friend said, "I have a little bracelet I picked up here this week, it says, 'follow your heart'".

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul

Yes, he's right. But what's it all about? Hope. It carries us through our days, if we're lucky. Because even if it's only a trick, and at the end it was all for nothing - at least our days were coloured well, we acted with honour, and got up in the morning and fled the nest..

I heard a story in high school, about siamese twins. Their heads were stuck together, in such a way that one looked up and the other looked down, all the time. The up one was happy and optimistic. It's a metaphor for ourselves. The down twin was sad and did not thrive. No wonder.

"In Gaelic the eagle was sometimes called Suil-na-Greine, Eye of the Sun... "

I turned down a trip the other day, too much to do ;) I went hiking and was gifted a giant eagle feather, mottled, from a juvenile - representing Transformation. A gift from the Sky God. In my travels of the last few years, particularly the real pure part of it - California - I was in touch with who I really am, so much, my best and worst, and eternal indifference, and JOY, pure LOVE OF LIFE, since then - there's no going back.

I kicked a hole in the sky. Always look up. Always hope, always believe in your dreams. But don't be attached to them - you are both older and newer than they - be ready to drop 'em and pick up new ones at a moments notice. There's an endless supply at the shop..

Kick a hole in the Sky. Run down your dream. Meditate.

After a glimpse
over the top
the rest of the world
becomes a.. gift.. shop



2 comments:

  1. "you are both older and newer than they"
    I like that - of dreams and every past iteration we might cling to. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we speak the same language, brother

    ReplyDelete