Sunday, May 13, 2012

You and all of creation

A friend said years ago to me, regarding dating; just be yourself, then you'll find someone that fits who you are. Why should it take almost forty years to get something so simple? Other friends said, after I became single again a few months ago - that I should just play the field and stuff, but really - that's just not my bag, baby.

When you are yourself and just act naturally, you fit into all of creation, and accept yourself as a part of it. You can only act naturally if you love yourself, because you have to consider yourself worthy of being you in the world. And if you do that, I think it becomes easy to see that we are everything, and in loving ourselves and acting on that in the world - the world loves us back.

We saw two eagles, while driving, they were beside the road and flew up in front of us. But instead of getting away from the car, they both swooped as close as they could to it, unrealistically huge in our windshield, eyes, and minds. Huge in our hearts. One was a juvenile (all dark), one had adult plumage. It's Spring!

I recently googled the eagle mating dance (check it out if you haven't). Some of the shots of it are of a juvenile and an eagle with adult plumage. They can be just one year apart, and I guess that's when they pick their mate for life, hm..

In March life was a pile of blessings, and still some challenges, and I was blissfully happy. I was thankful, for the place I live, for my work and the opportunities it brings, for my friends and family. And I asked for one thing: Love, that was just simple and natural, with no barriers or holdups or wierdnesses, someone that loved me and that I could love, and we could just move into the future together.

As I mentioned in my last entry - I met a wonderful woman recently. I gave her a bracelet with two eagles on it for her birthday last week.

Tonight I stood on the deck of the house I was house-sitting at when I started this blog. Thinking about how much I love the world, and this new love I've found, I watched the light fade from the mountains surrounding me, and a million, billion, guhzillion stars come out. I've become convinced over the last year that our entire notion of reality is wrong. Miracles are the norm.

You and me and all of creation, these are the things I love.

my love
bird in the sky
angel of the sea
a merman's destiny
you found me

2 comments:

  1. That "moment" in California, Pad - the one we've referenced ever since. It was so right - you aren't making choices of right/wrong - you're LIVING the right way - that life itself - your locale, your job, your new love..
    You're in the exact life you have been seeking, and it shines like the sun.
    I love the sun.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. So funny, part of the original draft I cut out of this entry was , in reference to writing about love instead of other things on my mind - "you can't see the stars when the sun is shining." And it is.

    ReplyDelete