Thursday, January 10, 2013

Kent (let's talk)

This blog is largely about my brother, although he may not be mentioned in it again.

I went to school in England in 2006 for a bit, finishing my degree. It was at a castle. Which is kind of like a cathedral, to a blind man.

Castles were military and social structures - mundane, about survival. Those architects, who learned those skills, spiritualized them - and hence - Cathedrals.

In England in those days, I was going thought a lot, marriage breakdown, health problems; 'a crisis of faith'. And yet - I recalled you.

"And then there was another way home"

lemme out

I had a dream when I got back, and people always said you should follow your dreams, that there was a place for me. I sniffed it on the wind, when I was there.

In Ireland I sniffed it again, and this time - it had a name. And an angel came and opened the door in my head.

Castles architects spiritualized their skills, and made tributes to the human spirit. Can we do the same?

The answer my, friend, is blowin' in the wind


2 comments:

  1. Oh brother I can't, I can't get through
    I've been trying hard to reach you, cause I don't know what to do
    Oh brother I can't believe it's true
    I'm so ______ about the future and I wanna talk to you

    ReplyDelete