Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pentecost II - Go Ask Alice (again)...

So, this Sunday is Pentecost again. Why would I note such a thing? I just like it.

Pentecost is both a Christian and Jewish holy-day, and because of that I feel like it has deeper roots in the origins of Christianity and Judaism - Grove-based religions, or something simpler. And, more importantly - it's when King Arthur's knights left for their great mission, their PURPOSE - to seek the holy grail.

A friend sent me a great book referral lately - Finding Your Way in a Wild New World, by Martha Beck, a Wayfinder. Honestly, I've been feeling like giving up lately. I set out on this course in 2010 and although I've made great progress, I still face frustrating obstacles that make me think I'm barking up the wrong path altogether.

So I've been reading inspiring books. Because, being inspired, I will either renew strength on this path, or chuck it and find one more true. And that will happen on its own (mostly). Also reading Instructions for Happiness and Success, by Susan Pearl, Synchronicity: the Inner Path of Leadership, by Joseph Jaworski (mentioned previously), and Eye of the I, by David Hawkins (yeah, still - I'm taking my time, alright?!).

The wild, fluid world of the twenty-first century means that you not only can free yourself from your iron cage, but that you must.

This became our central focus: finding a way to dissolve the perception of separateness... once they have experienced the shift to wholeness, they cannot deny the insight that results. Relatively few individuals working together in this way could have a profound effect on society because, according to Bohm, their consciousness is already woven into all consciousness.

A strong sense that the mission, whatever it is, is getting closer in time.

When we stop to assist a helpless beetle with a twig so it can turn over off its back and resume life, the entire universe knows it and responds.

Simply to wake to your life...

I did my first "Pentecost" entry at roughly this time last year. I didn't end up doing the ceremony I was envisioning. This year I am blessed with a sweat lodge the day before, to make me clean. We'll see what happens. I first marked Pentecost in 2010; I committed on that day to my highest purpose and expression in this life. I didn't know it was Pentecost, a friend later told me.

This will be my commitment:

I commit to living my highest purpose in this life, and I commit to figuring out what that is, and I commit to living it relentlessly until I figure out what it is.

What is it? Go ask Alice.



"Whatever it is, we move at dawn."

1 comment:

  1. the first Pentecost entry: http://errandknight.blogspot.ca/2012/05/pentecost-our-marching-orders-rivers.html

    Quotes,
    1 - Finding your way, Martha Beck
    2 - Synchronicity, Jaworski
    3 - Finding your way, Martha Beck
    4 - Eye of the I
    5 - Tiger the Lion, Tragically Hip
    6 - Finding your way, Martha Beck

    ReplyDelete