Wednesday, August 10, 2011

forecasts for Deliverance (back to the drawing board)

Here’s my horoscope this week – “Virgo,” (that's me - the virgin, pure as the driven snow, just a bit of mercury, some dirt, and maybe a splash of dog pee..) – “ your Soul will be searching a little deeper down those dark inner corridors in search for an angel or two. Your focus will not be on what’s working or not working out there, it will be more about working on accessing some inner guidance from some of those invisible realms. The focus this week is about the heart, the Soul and the timeless energy that binds you to this universal current. It’s a wake up call leading to an awareness that at the end of the day this connection is all that ultimately matters, as well as serving this broken down planet – making your mark and making a significant difference.

This entry is a mish-mash of quotes and thoughts. I'm just enjoying writing again, and ... being alone. Although it will be fun to chainsaw logs on the beach with Jesse James this evening, and then probably swim and have a beer. (a note from later - we didn't do any of those things, instead we roasted hotdogs over hand-smashed cedar, and chatted for hours by moon and firelight...)

I picked this quote up from a local artiste today, "Some people say they haven't yet found themselves, but the self is not something one finds, It is something one creates." Thomas Szasz

Our greatest work of art may be our lives; our selves. Why not take some time now and then and think it over? Where do we all come from? Who has created us, our 'fire in the head' (if not I..)?

I guess this time is not about finding myself, but (in keeping with my 2011 pledge) - deciding which self I want to become.. is that the same as - which self I am? Not sure. Not sure if we have a deep-down core. Probably.

'There is a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost'
Martha Graham

Be Yourself. In figuring out who you are, and how to express that, day-to-day, maybe one could ask - what is the biggest river in Me? And then, if it’s not flowing - blow the dam! Deliverance is a great movie, about the damming of a big river in the south, where have we done that in ourselves?

I guess I'm just swimming my rivers right now, inspecting my dams, and which one’s are open, “swimming that dark river to discover it’s source.” And, nicely, swimming the light clear stream again as well, to discover its source..

Creeping around in the night, laying caches of dynamite.

The more we let go, the more we are.


The Song of Amergin


I am the wind which breathes upon the sea,
I am the wave of the ocean,
I am the murmur of the billows,
I am the ox of the seven combats,
I am the vulture upon the rocks,
I am a beam of the sun,
I am the fairest of plants,
I am a wild boar in valor,
I am a salmon in the water,
I am a lake in the plain,
I am a word of science,
I am the point of the lance  in battle,
I am the God who created the fire in the head.
Who is it who throws light into the meeting on the mountain?
Who announces the ages of the moon?
Who teaches the place where couches the sun?
(If not I)

No comments:

Post a Comment