Sunday, November 11, 2012

waking the divine forest

walking in the forest today with friends, we left our return too late, and ended up walking back in the twilight and near darkness.: my favourite mistake...

I ended up thinking - if I had choose only being in the forest at night, or day, which would I choose?

An eagle, settling in for sleep high in a spruce by the trail, screeched at us, and we stopped. My friends were confused, "what is that, an eagle?" I said (to it), "it's ok brother, have a good sleep." And he/she stopped, watched us silently, suspiciously, until we walked on in silence. 


All nature is one temple, the living aisles whereof
Murmur in a soft language, half strange, half understood;
Man wanders there as through a cabalistic wood,
Aware of eyes that watch him in the leaves above.

Like voices echoing in his senses from beyond
Life's watery source, and which into one voice unite,
Vast as the turning planet clothed in darkness and light,
So do all sounds and hues and fragrances correspond.


A friend did an astrology reading for me yesterday. She said I should make my life a fervent prayer. I felt like that's what I've been up to these last two years.. And to find balance in action, and my divine whore/vestal virgin (sacred sex), and - that my focus should be law/higher learning, and travel. No shit.. And - reminded me of the Chariot - my 'life path' - yoking the forces of darkness and light..

This forest is inside of us, me - wild, free, lawless-leaving-only-the-divine law. All is real and unknown.

Well, I dreamed of the Lofty Pines-
at least what I thought they were-
standing in the forest after nighttime,
swaying so cool and sure...


I find all that in nature, it is a divine prayer. I just find it so peaceful to be in the woods at night, so relaxing. I grabbed a little time alone with a pee break as an excuse. My prayer is to live, live, live - live what and who I am. To its completion.

Q: where does one begin the search for spiritual truth self-realization called enlightenment?
A: It is simple. Begin with who and what you are. All truth is found within.

For me - it began in the forest. Where it will probably one day end.

running

heart pounding

lit eyes sheltered

I am awake in this darkness

1 comment:

  1. Baudelaire - Correspondence?
    Lofty Pines - Gord Downie
    Eye of the I - David Hawkins

    ReplyDelete