Thursday, August 30, 2012

Finito, Home.

Driving home tonight, across the Island, I turned my lights off for a while, just to feel my way along - letting myself be drawn to my destination, as if by gravity. I like driving at night.

I got a ticket for my destination, I am, homeward bound..

Remember the good old days when I used to brag about being homeless? It was fun. It'll be a year this weekend I've lived here, the longest I've lived in any one town or city since 2007. And I'm not leaving any time soon..

To joke about being homeless, and "I can leave when I want to.. " would be.. just pretentious. I can't leave. I got a ticket for my destination.

My 'homeless' experiment is Finito, for now - I am at the end of the road, end of the trans-Canada highway, end of the Continent, home to all those who took the adage, "go west, young (at heart) person" - a little too seriously.

Go to the limit of your dreams. Find yourself, at the end of your own road.

I think we fear going to the end, because we don't know or can't control what comes after that, so it's easier to wade around in the middle. I think at the end, one day under a tree, is the seed of your next road, your next dream. My life here: life-rich, great friendships, a place to serve, work of meaning and value that tests me every day, single - I come home to a book and talking to the Universe, and I come home when I want - is peaceful and dynamic - I am happy. For now my wandering is done.

I quoted this song to a lover, before in this blog, now I will quote it to the Universe, Nature, You all, God, my Self:

I'm really close tonight
And I feel like I'm moving inside her
Lying in the dark
And I think that I'm beginning to know her
Let it go
I'll be there when you call
...
And I'm more than willing to offer myself
Do you want my presence or need my help
Who knows where that might lead
I fall ... 


... at your feet.

Finito.

No comments:

Post a Comment