Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Holy Rollers and Dark Highways

This entry has no eagles, and I've taken two stabs at it already, but all good entries start with, "fuck it."

In fact almost everything good in life starts that way,..   and a few bad things.

Life is a dark highway, we don't know what's around the corner. I think it's time for another tattoo, now that I'm dreaming again. I dreamed last night about a person that I met this morning, I went, 'gasp!' I know it sounds crazy.

Some things in life aren't working. On paper it looks great. What is not working leads you to truth. I believe.

Does meaning make us happy? I think it does. I live in the most beautiful place in Canada, I have great work. I wrote something a while ago about relationships, that when you notice yourself subconsciously sabotaging them, don't fight it, but realize that's in your best interests. Let go. Same with lots of life. It seems like a quitting attitude in a way, but it's not. It's about what is best for you. You know what is best for you, and so do I.

It's not about when something's hard, not just when it's rough and giving you a stomachache or drug addiction, but when you notice yourself stepping out of it, trying to subconsciously arrange for you to be out of it, or for it to change.

Be natural, be yourself.

I never would have quit lawschool under that principle. Right from A to Z, I wanted to be there. But I feel like giving this principle a name and applying it to life. I'm not good at this (Arthur/Aug/my bro? .. _____). Maybe without being overly esoteric I'll call it - "not making yourself do shit you don't want to do."

We all have a purpose. It's a dark highway. You may have set a goal, but don't pretend you know the way there. You don't. Neither do I.

My dream! I'll save for another time. I'm living it right now. I don't know what's around the corner, I don't need to, I like right where I am - rolling towards that mystery.




2 comments:

  1. I might call it simply "the undermine" when we know to let something within us make decisions it needs to make - it's not thought, but something under it. Important.

    ReplyDelete