Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"the magic" / Sightings / Carl Jung's mistake

The world is fundamentally magical - miraculous. I've said this before, I will add - we create it. All the time.

We create our worlds. Friends point it out to me, how these simple, yet totally unlikely things I ask for, just show up, the very next day. Like in "the Secret". At the same time I sometimes can't seem to get basic things together. Last year was really tough financially, setting up a new business and getting a career off the ground in a little town know as "Tuff City". No shit. I just couldn't seem to get the money part together for the first year, despite asking "the Gods." They were silent and still.

In retrospect, though - it was me blocking things from working. 

A few days ago (March 12th), in Cowichan, I saw a golden eagle in a tree with a big fresh kill. My last golden eagle sighting was on March 11, 2012, the one before that March 13, 2011, and then, working backwards, there were two on other dates, and (of five total in my whole life) - the first = March 13, 2006. The basic order of the Universe is the sideways connections between things that we cannot see - Synchronicity is "an acausal connecting principal" - but Jung himself didn't go far enough, or rather - allowed his western mind to cling to: "but there must be some connection (we just don't understand yet.)" Whereas the physicist, Wolfgang Pauli, wanted him to just come out and say the truth - there are some things which are simply connected, without cause. They just are. Such is the nature of reality. 

The mind reels at this, rails against it - "there must be some connection!!!"- Jung even went with astrology.. hey, I read my horoscope - I'm not kicking it, but if that's the "cause" - then we're not dealing with "acausal."

Tonight's opposing Truths are: you will (one way or another) do the will of "the magic"; the power you have invited: Fate... And: life is a dark highway, there is no fate but what we make. Perhaps coincidences / synchonicities - are simply sightings, glimpses - of our path, our destiny, our next step as we grope in the dark..

We strive, strain - reach - for meaning in our lives, for life to have some purpose. In our jobs, our loves, our days, we catch glimpses - occasionally, at best. No matter how dedicated we are - to the path we are one with. A friend mentioned the book Sightings recently, I had brought up Point Reyes, in California, I thought that's where the book had taken place. It was. Last week I had a little professional disappointment, and afterward went out for a long walk in the rain-forest, in the rain. Saw a large freshly gnawed bone on the trail, and heard wolves yipping in the forest around me. Got wet. Asked nature, "you called me here - what the f*** do you want?"

Maybe, like the eagle, I simply have to go get it.. if you act, as you think..


Golden Eagle with Prey
Tall dead maple
awkward feathers jut
I eye my world in knowledge




1 comment: