Wednesday, March 7, 2012

full moon riffles

It's not really a full moon yet, but close enough. Here on the beach you grab any night within four days that is clear, and call it 'full moon' - because you may not see it till it's waning.

I went out to see a little band at humanity tonight, they were small and awesome. Reminding me how uptight our culture is - that no-one felt like they could get up and dance, least of all me. And I have a low bar for such things. But it's changing. Dammit! Everything's changing.

I came home and it was clear, so I walked on the beach. The moonlight was so bright I could see little patches of sea-foam at my feet, floating in inches of water, in sepia tones. They were as scared and yet determined to make good on.. finding joy in the moment and really spattering your blood against the wall - finding 'meaning in chaos,' as I am.

I've seen it a million times before, well.. 10 anyway, - little riffles, but never saw them in this particular light (it's a virgo full moon - my sign!). Water flowing up the beach, and water flowing down. With a ridge standing still in the middle. It looks like the water's standing still. My life's like that right now. There are tides flowing in, and tides flowing out. Today looks the same as tomorrow. It's similar to what the otters were saying in a dream I wrote about where your will, and acting on that, transforms you.

And this is why I sojourn here
Alone and palely loitering,
Though the sedge has withered from the lake,
And no birds sing.


"All things are in a state of silent rejoicing that their consciousness is an experience of Divinity."

The words that came to mind, under that moon, are; 'let it be.' My path is that riffle, where one stage of life is flowing out, and another in. It is unapparent. Like I said in the last entry - when all you do is pursue your goals - you can only get what you can imagine.

I'd rather walk under moonlight at night, and stare at the ocean's fingertips.

3 comments:

  1. http://errandknight.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-face-into-current-if-otters-can-do.html
    La Belle Dame sans Merci - John Keats
    The Eye of the I - David R. Hawkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is lovely Patrick, and very connectable :-) I always read something that speaks to where i'm at - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kellie! It's so nice to know you read it and get something out of it. We must be on the same vibe.. :)

    ReplyDelete