Saturday, March 3, 2012

March and the Human Spring


March: come sin like a lion, go out like a lamb. March is a month of action; behind the scenes.

March. I mumbled about it in the last entry. This entry is a continuation of the last. March, the time of the Phoenix. When the world is still cold and grey. Back east, where I come from, March is sort of the shittiest month, or starts that way. Still cold and wintery, but more slushy and icey than any other, more likely to have crap storms that freeze into ice on everything.

If you go out in the woods in March, and just stand there, quiet for while, listening, but not listening - you will hear it. Running under everything - water, life. Up the insides of trees, who look dead and frozen, from their roots deep down below. For those who see with their hearts, with that thing that tells geese which way is north, March is gorgeous.

March represents to me, and every March reminds me of - the magic of forces unseen, the ever-rising tide of life, the wonderful things that are coming towards us, even when we most doubt. It is when the world is about to deliver to us the most amazing wonders, our soon-to-be-realized shared dreams: flowers, new green leaves, love, thunderbirds, even surprise trampolines, both real and metaphorical ... (http://errandknight.blogspot.com/2011/08/surprise-trampolines-and-endless-stars.html). March is the dawn of the year.

I saw a Thunderbird, I've mentioned before (last March)-  a giant golden eagle, in Halifax, in March 2005. It's silence and presence screamed at me, "WAKE UP!" I started to change my life..

A friend asked me tonight what my blog was about, I keep it so quiet amongst people I know, particularly where I live. I said, "it started off as a travel blog, but it's pretty much about.. living an authentic life."

In March you can feel most strongly, I think, the beautiful force behind everything. Life is a journey. And we're all taking it together. This March is particularly special, because the tide is rising in us. Maybe humanity will wake up. Who knows what wonders the future holds...


Like the "Arab Spring" of 2011, I feel like this year is, or may be if we choose - the "Human Spring." It reminds me of a favorite Edgar Cayce quote, "For there is set before thee good and evil, life and death; choose thou." Choose.

A friend sent me an article about a Mayan elder, debunking the "end of the World". He says it's the beginning, but that it will take action to manifest:

"The greatest wisdom is in simplicity. Love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness. It's not complex or elaborate. The real knowledge is free. It's encoded in your DNA. All you need is within you. ... Find your heart, and you will find your way."

"Here is no time for games. The spiritual ideal of this era is action. Meditation and spiritual practice are good, but also action. It's very important to be clear about who you are, and also about your relation to the Earth.


He says we need to put our selves aside and think of unity. He says also we must accept the light and the dark. Indeed. Fight back. We 'do-gooders' are afraid to sin. When a lion attacks - fight back. It's not a sin. When you leave the ring - go out like a lamb.

And I think he's right - like geese flying north - all we need to know is within. I think that's why I'm particularly excited this March, about life and the world - everything's changing. If we can put our egos and judgements aside and follow the Thunderbird migrating north, to the high mountain peaks, Shambhala... may be within our grasp.

2 comments:

  1. That's supposedly a picture of a Thunderbird - from South America. Unskeptical of Thunderbirds, skeptical of that picture. Kinda cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your perspective, Brother - always that default to nature's secret wisdoms ...very good stuff.
    A.

    ReplyDelete