Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Magical Times

I remember when I was young, people would say to me, "you shoulda been born in the sixties.."
(Usually people who had been born in the sixties.)
I'd say, "screw that, they failed."
I was more judgmental then.

They didn't fail. They just did stage one. I also always had natural and adventurous inclinations to have been born in other times, like everyone does, for an escape like heroine;

I wish 
that I was born a thousand years ago
I wish 
that I'd sailed the darkened seas
On a great big clipper ship
Going from this land here to that
On a sailor's suit and cap...

But the thought was never heroine to me, I always ultimately felt like: "I'm glad I'm here now, this is the time."
THIS IS THE TIME. This is it. We who are living have been born in magical times, and I am grateful to be able to take part in it all. 
I realize, as I write that sentence - that's all I ever wanted. All the strange moving around, getting outta relationships, going back to school, taking crazy risks - all I've ever wanted is to take part in what's really going on, in what I see as a turning point in human history, even if it's just one of many, that happens every day. But I think it's more than that. 
I think we live in magical times.

I think we have a chance to complete stage two of the Revolution, it's evolution. My astrologer friends say that some alignment that last happened in the early sixties is happening again, hmm...        I googled it, this is what I found:
".. based on this highly unusual event of Uranus square Pluto, 2012 itself seems to be a beginning rather than an ending -- a time when we will finally see something vaguely equivalent of power to the people."   Ok.
And although the universe is magnifying it's magic these days (the other day in the morning I said to myself, "gotta get some coconut oil," and that afternoon I walked into the health food store and a friend behind the counter lifted her backpack, pulled out some coconut oil, and said - "do you want this?"), we still have to make the effort.

I see these kind of things all the time, and I see it as like blackjack - if you can walk up to a table anytime with $25 and walk away with $75, why can't you do it with $25,000?
 
It's only you (or me) that's holding me (or you) back... 

March is the root of Spring, as I said, when Nature comes to life. This is the March of 2012 - we only get one. This is a magical time. Let's dream big, and ask for the stars, and then go out to work to make it so...

2 comments:

  1. Heroine - Lou Reed
    http://planetwaves.net/smallworlds/contents/articles/sprint_2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You taught me to like this Christly month ...good show, Bro.

    And I do believe a new "human accountability" is on it's way ..very soon.

    ReplyDelete